Sunday, February 12, 2012

Valentine's Day for Classic MAZ

My earliest memory of Valentine's Day is maybe around 2nd grade. I remember spreading out all the cards in front of me and spending way too much worry and time trying to figure out which classmate got which card.

There were several kids in my class that I did not want to give a Valentine.
(sing song whiny voice)

"BUT WE HAVE TO GIVE TO EVERYONE SO NOBODY IS LEFT OUT"

Really? Well maybe if we could leave out the booger picker or the bully....they might get the hint that they aren't loveable!
I would have given those kids something like the above Valentine...meaning "i got my eye on you" because you are weird and I don't want a booger flicked on me!



I also remember asking for and getting the Conversation Heart Candy every year. I remember squeezing my eyes shut and asking the sugar heart gods "does (insert that week's boy crush) like me?"
I reach in and pull out the heart that would tell me the future, tell me the truth.


"not likely"

Look for a new boy to like!


When I was in Junior High
(we did not call it middle school and it was 7th - 9th grade...the way it should be!)
They sold carnations to raise money for.....
something...
anyway, On Valentine's Day, if you got a white one: friends!
If you got a yellow one: secret admirer!
If you got a pink one: like!
If you got a red one: love!

AND HECK..we were what...13...so it had to be the real thing!

I never got one.

AND I am highly suspicious that the girls that got handfuls...bought them for themselves.
I have since taught teen boys and have two of my own.
There are very few boys that are going to be willing to buy a flower and give it for all to know...to a girl they like, or are interested in liking!


I have never cared for flowers and chocolate or jewelry.

I knew I would find the perfect guy when I received a Valentine that held my "everlasting love"..



MCDONALD'S BUGERS!!!



Or Jeff!!

 I love him as much as a Quarter Pounder meal!!

AND THAT IS A LOT OF LOVE!!!!

3 comments:

  1. My sis-in-law once got a valentine heart box full of McDonald's french fries - piping hot, too. No lie! And, no, the fries were not from my brother. This was before he won her heart. Besides, he'd have eaten the fries on the way to her house... No offense to him, because I'd do the same.
    e

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh, you DID get valentines and gifts,missy......remember the little boy that looked like the guy that Magnum worked for ??...and , well if you don't remember....okay......Muther.snicker.........

    ReplyDelete
  3. E!!! you are hilarious! I am glad A picked K...but I am curious how "mr. perfect fry giver" left her life. He must have picked his boogers.

    Yes, muther, I know. BUT that has nothing to do with my post.....shhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete