Sunday, March 7, 2010

Classic MAZ in Nashville

We took a day trip to Nashville on Saturday. Jeff's parents went with us and it was a great day!! We left at 6:30 AM and returned at 11:30 PM. It was a wonderful fun-filled day!!

HOWEVER, as my long-time readers know, Classic MAZ means crazy adventure!!!

I have been sick with a cold but felt "ok" on Saturday. Around 4pm I started feeling worse. My ear hurt, my throat hurt, one eye was watery, one nostril drippy, one side of my face full of pressure and aching badly from head to toe.

We stopped at Opry Mills to eat at Rainforest Restaurant before heading back to Memphis. By the end of dinner, I was barely hanging on!! The server finally got our checks right and was bringing them back to us for the 2nd time. She looked at me and said "you look AWFUL are you ok??" I explained that I was feeling bad and tired and we were headed home. I did NOT say what I was thinking "about to give you your tip and you tell me I look awful???"

I was headed out of this absurdly crowded and HUGE mall and Jeff was to pull around and pick us up in his parents black Trailblazer. All I could think about was sitting down in the car. I was about to pass out!! We walked out of the mall and parked right by the curb was a Trailblazer. I went around to the other side as my in-laws and kids walked up to the side closest to the curb. As I approached the car, I noticed something in the window of the backseat.  Here are my thoughts within about a 30 second time period:

"what did Jeff stick in the back seat?"
"I am so tired and sick. I will push that thing over and just crawl in the seat."
"I should help my kids climb in to the back but I will leave that to Connie (my mother-in-law)"
"I am going to die from a cold."

Then I jerked the back door open ready to hurl myself into the seat. As I saw that this form in the back seat had dark hair and was wearing jeans, I heard Connie on the other side of the car yelling, "I AM SO SORRY, I AM SO SO SORRY, I AM SO SORRY!" She slams the car door shut (which she too had jerked open to enter the back seat).

I realize that this was not our car and slammed the door. I made my way around the back of the car toward the curb and saw my kids running toward me and Connie still standing at the car yelling "I am so sorry!" Lee (my father-in-law) had his hands in his pocket, looking in the car window and laughing. All this happened within about 35 seconds.....we all gathered on the curb behind this poor unsuspecting car and laughed hysterically!!! Jeff pulled up and we got into the right Trailblazer and laughed, giggled and told him the story.

The poor people in the back of the GREEN Trailblazer never said a word. They just had open-mouthed confused looks. They looked hispanic and possibly did not speak English. I hope they were not afraid they were being car jacked by banjo-playing hillbillies!!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS STORY !!! but you need to see Max make the look like the one on the woman's face ....soooo priceless !!! ROFLOL....still laughing ! oh, yeah ! that is soooo funny!!! yo momma.......STILL laughing OUT LOUD!! : D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time you are in town, and in good health, let us know! It would be fun to catch up in person!

    ReplyDelete