Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Max's illness update

Max has another sinus/chest infection. They actually called it severe (whatever). He will be going to his concert tonight and holding his trumpet to his lips....hee hee.

Max was diagnosed with another allergy today and it came as very sad news. He is allergic to animals (after begging for years he was given a dog for his birthday last August). We are going to have to make a "pet decision" soon. But for now, we bought an air purifier and the dog as been banned from his bed and all pets have been eliminated from his room. In fact, I am having to rearrange the house. Max's room is a "walk-through" room and I must move him to another room in order to keep his doors closed at all times. Max is now officially allergic to everything except foods!!

For those who are not familiar with Max's history, he has been sick all his life and I have had to be a MAD CLEANER. I washed curtains and bed linens once a week, mopped and vacuumed furniture once a week, washed our base boards, etc. Since Max has been taking allergy shots for 2 years, I relaxed a tiny bit. I am now back to being the MAD CLEANER.

I was ordered by the doctor to purchase an air purifier for Max's room. I did that today. I actually got a deal. I got one for the house and got the one for his room for free.

The allergist is concerned that at his age, and being on allergy shots for 2 years.....he is still having so many infections and surgeries.....and now developing another allergy. She is sending us downtown to Lebonheur for a sweat test to rule out Cystic Fibrosis. I am not worried because Max does not fit any of the symptoms except chronic infections......but still pray for him. The doctor also gave me a letter to give to his ENT. She is asking that in his next surgery....he check that the nasal hairs are beating away the bacteria as they are supposed to be doing.......

So Max is marching on through his life as happy and goofy as ever and I am a ball of stress as usual!!
Now I am going to mop or scrub something.....

1 comment:

  1. Max is and always has been a very special person....He has certainly been a real trooper through all his medical things .....He will be an incredible Man....

    ReplyDelete