Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Quite close to the Proverbs Woman!!!



Megan Mijo van der Bijl

You need to write her name down because this won't be the last time you read it!!

 In two weeks she will graduate from high school. Her summer will be a whirlwind of playing for the Opera of Memphis for the second year in a row and then off to college!! She is an excellent Pianist and brilliant in academics! She is Salutatorian and has received a music and academic scholarship at Belhaven University!! (I wish I knew exactly what to tell you...it is very impressive!!) ......(She was offered a full ride at Ole Miss too!)...She is tall, slender, poised and well spoken. Most importantly she loves the Lord and seeks His Will in all things.

Megan is 18 years old, the oldest of 6 children. She is my NEICE!!! I am so proud of her. I can't even begin to describe Megan in a few words:

gracious, loving, obedient, kind, gentle, giving, quiet, funny, smart, selfless, helpful, respectful, talented, wise, discerning, fun-loving, witty, beautiful, leader, listener, seeker, one-of-a-kind!!!

She had her moments as a toddler (hee hee) but she was a great teenager and now is becoming a wonderful woman. I want to take a minute to reminisce...

I remember when Jeff and I were first dating and Megan would stick her tiny 2 year old feet in his big work boots and put on his ball cap and without turning her head she would look off to the side at him......

I remember her sitting in my lap and wanting me to read her a book but I couldn't. My sister would fix Megan's hair on top of her head like a palm tree. Megan would switch her head back and forth and beat my face with that dang palm tree!!!

As a teen...Megan was never the annoying, attitudinal teen (her mom may have a different story). She has always been very mature and never embarrassed herself or her family. She has been a wonderful role model for her younger sister Hannah (who is also fabulous and will get her own post when she graduates in 5 years). 

As Megan heads to Belhaven and starts a new chapter in her life she can do something that many 18 year olds can not do......
She can be proud of how she led the first 18 years of her life!! She has made many wise choices. She has listened to her parents and grandparents. She has chosen her friends wisely. 

AND..........if she truly is WISE, she will always be nice to her Aunt Margaret!!!!!!!!!





2 comments:

  1. wow!!that was the most amazing item I have ever read! and it is all true! I am her Grandmother and I can testify !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MARGARET!!! :sniff:sniff:

    That was beautiful...

    Polly

    ReplyDelete