Monday, November 29, 2010

look before you growl

The evenings are the hardest with Jeff being gone! Jack and I were commenting on how it did not seem very "Christmassy" even with our tree up, Christmas specials on, working a Christmas puzzle, etc....

Next thing I know.....Jack is throwing something at my tree, running to grab it, stepping back and throwing it again...

Then Max joins in....

HAVE MY BOYS LOST THEIR MINDS??? There isn't any craziness like that in my house...especially after 5pm!!!

Then they show me what they have made! It was Jack's idea....
Christmas Tree Huggers:


Within minutes they had each created "people" out of pipe cleaners and were tossing them at the Christmas tree.


Sometimes they would stand really close and other times they would stand on the other side of the room. The "hugger" that landed the highest on the tree got the most points. If you threw your "hugger" and it grabbed the opponents "hugger" off the tree, then that was REALLY GREAT and more commotion!!
oh, you have to look hard but on the left...Max's landed high up near the top!
(you can also see my big burger ornament...from the bottom of it...I love burgers!)
(2 years ago we made snow flakes...I got carried away and made a ton and then strung them up)
(look in the middle at the bottom and see the disco mirror ball? I have about 12 on the tree...they are AWESOME when the sunlight hits them!!......YES! my tree matches my personality!)

Back to the game:
Normally, I don't like this kind of commotion right beside me at 9:30pm BUT I thought this was a genius game!!!
I made my own "hugger" in the shape of a Christmas tree....

by bedtime, throwing stances had been perfected.....this is Jack....



both "huggers" landed at the top of the tree and the boys looked like bugs trying to hurry and climb on each other or something to get it down without touching the tree...because they knew I would "touch" them if they broke anything!
(see my burger ornament? LOVE IT!!)
(If you are wondering, the big white thing on top of the tree is an "Indian head" made out of paper. I never had a tree topper, so about 5 years ago, Max made me the Indian head and Jack made me a star exploding. It was a paper towel roll painted red and cut at the end like an exploding star.....it fell off in the game...it may be in another picture.)

Back to the game:
My "hugger" hardly ever made it on the tree. Turns out the longer bodied "huggers" hugged the tree better! Mine was either flung the wrong way or hit the tree and fell off. If it stuck to the tree, the boys usually got higher!!!
Also, I never got off the couch. I had my snuggie on, I was holding the remote, my drink, popcorn.....
But I get points for playing RIGHT???

p.s. this idea is patented/copyrighted for Jack and if you steal it for profit.........you will find out about my anger issues!!!!







2 comments:

  1. wow,Jack,great game!! The boys' tree huggers look soooo great! yours does ,too. Glad you are entertaining yourselves! luvu, gmomma

    ReplyDelete