Sunday, November 14, 2010

Holiday Game For All To Play

Here is a holiday game in which all my readers can participate!

This year, I am hosting Thanksgiving at my house for Jeff's family.
There will be a guaranteed Classic Maz story out of this situation because I am cooking the whole feast and.......................................I can't cook!

my angry cooking face

Here is what happens when I cook:
*I accidentally leave important ingredients out of the recipe.

*I don't have an important ingredient so I substitute and it does not work.

*Something gets left in the food that should not be there (example: paper in between the cheese slices) and it gets cooked into the meal.

*I follow the directions exactly and the food burns anyway, or is liquid when it should be solid, or is doughy in the middle and burned on the outside, or runs off the pan like a lake when it should puff up, or it explodes after 5 minutes and it should cook for 45 minutes.........etc...

*I truly can burn a pan of water (it dries up and scorches).

*I own 3 pots, 2 crockpots, several pans and a large mysterious oven from the early 80s.......


So, I have planned a delicious Thanksgiving Menu for 11 people.  I am thrilled and excited!! I think this will be one of my favorite Thanksgivings EVER!!!

Let's see which one of you can guess what might happen! I don't plan on anything happening!! Then again.....I never do!!!

Here is the menu:
Turkey Breast seasoned and cooked in the crockpot
Crockpot dressing
Homemade Cranberry sauce
Homemade Mashed potatoes
gravy
rolls
southern baked macaroni and cheese
7 layer salad
unsweet ice tea
Ice Water (pretty sure I can handle this one.....)

***My mother-in-law will bring the dessert (I am not totally stupid! They are a huge dessert family!! I won't risk messing up the dessert!)

p.s.
This is actually the day after Thanksgiving....I am making 2 things to take to my mom's for Thanksgiving Day!!

2 comments:

  1. after you practice on the dishes that you'll bring here, you will be ready for the day-after celebration.....no problems! m

    ReplyDelete
  2. ur dad says: glad it is Jeff's family and not us.

    ReplyDelete