Thursday, December 16, 2010

Dethroning Oprah

Most of you probably know....even if you won't admit it.....that before the Christmas season starts, Oprah does a show where she shares her FAVORITE THINGS with the audience.

I assume from the way she presents the items to the audience....that they are items she owns!!

Oprah is in her last season and I decided to take over her job...BUT on my blog.
Except for the childhood, economic status, marital status, parental status, likes and dislikes, etc.....Oprah and I could be twins! We both change our hair weekly AND we both struggle with our weight! We both have a huge audience of followers, too!!......ahem...

Well, I know you all have been waiting.....you just happen to be reading the first annual Classic MAZ.....
FAVORITE THANGS!!!!!


Here are my top 10 favorite items that I own (not in any order of importance)....each of you will get one......
(if you can find and purchase them!!)

My first FAVORITE THANG is my favorite sweatshirt!!! WOO HOOO....I can feel the excitement from all your screams!!
This sweatshirt is over 20 years old....handed down to me after my father was done with it....
I sleep in this comfiness almost every night in the cold winter....(I know! Jeff is a lucky man! Shut up Victoria! My secret is better!)
(it says Kraft Rock for Kraft Foods....my dad retired from that company...)



My second FAVORITE THANG are my BOOTS.....$10 on sale at Target, 2 years ago....they have fur inside, are very comfy and make me look like I have animal hooves. The teens are now wearing high priced boots just like these with their running shorts......(weirdos).....but I can not help my popularity and how some people are fascinated with my fame and want to be like me!!

I will have to wait for the cheering and screaming to die down before I go on!! I imagine some of you are acting like children jumping up and down with tears in your eyes!! 


My third FAVORITE THANG is BAGS!!!!! I have a love (obsession) with bags.....and here are a few of my FAVORITE from my collection....
and YES! everyone in the audience can receive a bag!! (Just go to Kroger and keep your grocery bags)


Next FAVORITE THANG are blankets!! I love unique and crazy blankets, quilts, throws.........these are so valuable you would not be able to receive one EXCEPT you are reading CLASSIC MAZ........(clapping, screaming)....(to fulfill this, you must make or buy your own)
(gator snuggie, sister-made fleece, "Jeff's ties" blanket for boys b/c Jeff is gone, 3 cracker barrel throws)

Next FAVORITE THANGS.....are baskets! You can contain any clutter in an awesome basket....especially sewing stuff!!
please try to contain your excitement!! do you need a kleenex? 


Let's move to more practical FAVORITE THANGS....
It's a great way to store pots in a non-spacious kitchen..... and store a sled that will never be used in Memphis........A SLED HANGING FROM THE CEILING!!!!


While the excitement is high...I will announce the next FAVORITE THANG...

you can't find this at any container store!!! they are great for books, kitchen items, etc...ANYTHING

(Max likes to remind me that the crate reads "theft of this is a crime...warning: use of this is against the law...") I explained that they were sitting outside the cafeteria where I was teaching and not in use....he just gives me a disappointed look...

shocked expression.....I JUST had an AHA moment....I see what he is saying, I will write that down in my journal...


The next item is my FAVORITE  Carroll Cloar (famous artist/Jeff's great uncle).... print in my favorite gaudy frame....
who started using gaudy as a negative word??? I love that word!




OK, the post is coming to a close....But I can't let you log off without this next item!!
It is my absolute FAVORITE THANG......drum roll.....stage lights dim....
a Jeff Ziegenhorn one-of-a-kind drawing and handmade frame!!!

(the story is: I saw this exact frog on the side of a road during a road trip...I described what I saw to Jeff and he drew EXACTLY what was in my head.....I later found out that I did not have my glasses on and it was actually a normal fire hydrant)





For your parting gift....you need to go to your closest grocery and get one of these...
I absolutely LOVE paper towels!

I know you are super psyched that you were fortunate enough to attend my FAVORITE THANGS post!! I hope you will be attending next years!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM CLASSIC MAZ!!!

(you are responsible for all purchases and tax!)






2 comments:

  1. I , of course , love your favorite thangs! ...but did you not miss one or more???? We love many of the same thangs, but you did not post MAGAZINES and DUST BUNNIES ??? AM I alone on these favorites?? I even have a warning about my house being protected by DUST BUNNIES.(of course you know that! You stitched it for me to hang on my door to warn those who are about to enter my house.) Thank you again for your fun postings...waiting excitedly to read about Christmas "F.aM.i.L.l.Y. Fun!! m0mma

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! You are alone on those favorites!! I don't collect dust bunnies!! I hate them! They make Max sick and make me clean weekly!!

    ReplyDelete