Friday, December 23, 2011

A Christmas Visit....

We were so excited to take a non traditional Christmas vacation!!

We have counted down the days til we could go to Nashville to see......



NO....not Cooter's Dukes of Hazard Museum
...although it was free....and weird! I was intrigued!!
so was Jeff.....
(kidding...the pic was my idea)

YES....we were there for a Ziegenhorn family reunion....
cousin (not a brother), brother, Jeff, brother

Jack and Max are growing their hair long....while they can!



HOWEVER....even though we have a blast with all the cousins and their kids...
...that STILL wasn't OUR most exciting reason...
Around 30 of us gathered at the Wild Horse Saloon for dinner, dancing, pool, air hockey, etc...
Since we are obviously the best line dancers in the world...and I have the best fashion sense,
I believe we will be asked to go professional!!


I had a blast singing "I wanna be sedated" (Ramones) at the original Grand Ole Opry....


but even THAT wasn't the most exciting reason for our visit....



Spending a ton of money to see colorful Disney Ice sculptures IN NASHVILLE and sliding down a 20 foot ice slide was a once in a lifetime experience......
BUT...still not the most exciting reason for our visit...



We loved our 3 fun filled days in Nashville...and love each of the reunited family members...

THE MOST EXCITING???
....we were thrilled to be able to finally meet and hold our new nephew...

Kidd Ziegenhorn!!

Kidd was so much fun!! and so cute!! He loved his Tennessee cousins!!!

I thought I might be forming an AUNT MARGARET bond, but then he opened our Christmas gift
With this look he was able to communicate:
"....really?...clothes for Christmas?....did they even win a game this year?"

I whispered to him that it was Uncle Jeff that insisted on the Memphis jersey....I would have bought him a drum set...or pony....

He forgave me and shot me a smile!

As I settled down to sleep in my in-laws attic...(not in Nashville anymore)

I thought about Christmas. 
I looked out of my sleeping bag...
WOW! A visit from the Christmas Angel!!....

THEN I heard a sudden noise and looked to my left....

Adam Sandler?



You never know what you will find in someone's attic...
Adam Sandler....Waterboy...


Then I drifted off to sleep with quotes from Adam Sandler movies dancing in my head.....





1 comment:

  1. Oh Margaret, what a cute Kidd. And of course you have made the Day after Christmas, Monday boredoms easier to take this morning. Thanks and Merry Christmas.
    Aunt Delores

    ReplyDelete