Tuesday, December 6, 2011

say WHAT??

Reader's Digest posted "12 Funny Things Your Christmas Tree Says About You" HERE


I included the link to give credit where it is due...but I am also stealing it to make the following post easier on my readers...

Reader's Digest has given us information to find what our Christmas tree says about us....

#1  White lights say "you ask your guests to take their shoes off"
(and..."I consider my tree to be a lamp")


My yellow lights on my kitchen Christmas tree say "I love butter" 


 #2  Multicolored lights say "you are an extrovert"
(the fake snow says "ridiculous!")


My VERY FEW mulitcolored star lights on my living room Christmas tree...
say "I am an outgoing person...as long as there aren't any other people around!"
(yes, that is the camel from our nativity...there was no room for him at the stable...)


#3  Blinking lights say "you have attention deficit disorder"
um...no it doesn't!! blinking lights say "I don't want guests to stay too long or get comfortable"




#4  Homemade ornaments say "you have lots of kids"


HA! well....compared to the PERFECT ornament above...
mine say "I have two kids that may have issues....and are against the colors of the rainbow..."



#5  Strung popcorn say "you have too much time on your hands"


REALLY? then what does this say?




 #6  Red balls only say "you wish you lived in a department store"
(and I bet your decorations have a theme...HA)



Mine say "dance when the sun hits just right!"








 #7   Yellow star on top says "you are traditional"
and you live in Hollywood...


My yellow star says "Hey shepherds, follow me!" 




#8  Glowing Santa on top says "you shop at Kitsch R Us"
I want one of these!!


Two fabulous sculptures on top say "one-of-a-kind"



The last 4 don't really apply to me.....(we can't have a live tree)
#9  Cutoff top says "you didn't measure the tree"
(this should never matter....haven't you see Christmas Vacation?)



#10  Vague evergreen smell says "you bought a healthy tree"
(animal spray smell says "you bought something's property"



#11   Strong evergreen smell says "you sprayed your tree with Pine Sol"
( and it says you are old and the Pine Sol doesn't mix well with the moth balls)




#12  Just plain smelly says "there is a dead bird in your tree"
more likely...."you tracked something in from the yard"




The one on the top:
I call "quaint, primitive look"
Jack calls it "the burnt tree"

The one on the bottom:
Kids say "bigger circumference to pile presents" 
I say "I can't see the TV!"

2 comments:

  1. I am SOO glad you do not have enough to do. I look forward to checking your bog everyday. You are very creative. Love you, Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this post! AND!! We had not one but two of those plastic santas! Not sure why you'd want 2, because everyone know there's only one real Santa!
    E

    ReplyDelete