Monday, June 29, 2009

Not what I meant to teach them!!

Lately, I have tried to answer the kids cries for "MORE" by telling them about life choices.
I choose to not work so that I can teach the boys and stay home with them. Because of this choice, we can not do things that cost money, eat out much, travel, etc. If I worked, we could do all those things but I would be miserable because I would have to put them back in a school building, have someone watch them when I could not. I would rather have time with them and enjoy teaching them instead of doing things or buying things.
Today, I had to buy some things at the dollar store. I only had a debit card and you must buy 8 things in order to use the debit card. I bought my 4 items and then bought 4 junk toys for the boys. This afternoon they had so much fun:
Max said:
"mom, thank you for buying us toys when it is not a holiday. AND I know you gave up your money so you could be with us. BUT thank you for spending daddy's money on toys today"
Then he ran off to play. Yes, I sacrifice my money to be the perfect mother and I spend daddy's money on dollar store toys.....

No comments:

Post a Comment