Tuesday, June 9, 2009

you won't believe what happened today......

I went to the post office to mail letters to Jack and Jeff. They are on a boy scout week long camping trip. I drove up to the boxes. Jeff called at the same time. I could not reach the opening of the mail box. I asked him to hold on, put the car in park (I thought) and laid the cell phone in the passenger's seat. I fumbled for the 3 envelopes. All this took about 10 seconds. I looked up to put the mail in the box and the mail boxes were rushing away from me. I could not figure out how they were moving! I could not comprehend how these stationary objects planted in the median were moving away from me at great speed! Then I heard Max "momma, momma, momma!".

I looked down. I had put the car in reverse and my foot was not on the break. It seemed like forever! I put on the break and looked around to see why I had not hit anything. I was about 20 feet from where I had been and THANK THE LORD no body or cars were around. I put the car in drive, stopped at the box, mailed the letters and pulled out of there!

Meanwhile, Jeff was on the cell phone as I was saying....
"What? huh?"=mailboxes running away from me
"oh, good lord!"=just realized I was an idiot

............................CLASSIC MAZ!

No comments:

Post a Comment