Tuesday, June 9, 2009

THEN guess what happened.....

Max and I went to the YMCA to spend the day at the pool. We stayed for about 5 1/2 hours today (6 hours yesterday). We had been there about 4 1/2 hours. All my friends had gone home for dinner so I started reading my book. Two boys were throwing a ball in the pool. Several times they overthrew it and it would go under my chair or somewhere near me. I would toss it back. About the third time, they chunked it under my chair. This was annoying me because I did not want to play toss. I wanted to read my book. I picked up the ball and chunked it as hard as I could (with a tad of anger). Now, seeing as how I have never been very sporty, never played organized sports and definitely never mastered throwing.......I threw it hard and way off target! I hit the lifeguard in the back of the head. I hit her so hard that her head slung forward. The boys looked horrified. I covered my mouth in a "oh no!" action. The lifeguard turned and looked at me. "I am sorry!" I yelled. The boys roared with laughter and so did an old man that was sitting near me. She gave me a look as if I was an annoying child who kept overthrowing the ball.
..........................................................CLASSIC MAZ

No comments:

Post a Comment