Friday, June 12, 2009

showering in tropical storm

I spent the day getting Su Casa ready for VBS. Mom called at 4pm and said a storm would hit memphis in about 50 minutes. I had to finish painting 4 signs, glue a sign, and take 2 girls home. I rushed around the office like TAZ. I threw the girls out in their driveway as the sky turned black. I was soaked in sweat because we do not have air at the office. I tried to fly home but the cars seemed to be going in slow motion and stopping on yellow lights :)

I pulled into my driveway and the sky was black and I could hear thunder. I threw my bags on the couch and jumped in the shower. The lights kept flickering but I figured I had a few minutes before the storm hit. When I got out of the shower, I heard the rain. I looked out of the window and there were limbs EVERYWHERE. When I turned on the news, they were talking about all the damage around the city and how it was like a tropical storm. I missed it! I was in the shower somehow escaping electrocution!

1 comment: