Monday, September 21, 2009

Dog People

I am now an owner of a dog. It is Max's dog but I am training her.

I do not understand dog people. When I walk the dog around the neighborhood, I can see them coming!! They are smiling at me and the dog like they have never seen such a thing...Then they have to ask the questions....and tell me about their dog.

One lady was very offended when she asked me to come look at her dog in the back yard and I said "no, I need to finish my walk and get back home". Why would I want to see her dog?

At the vet today, I watched as these people picked up their dogs, kissed their faces and talked in a whiney baby voice..............AND EVEN smiled while talking about squeezing the anal glands and how one was not as full as the other. I must have had the disgusted look on my face because that was what I was thinking DISGUSTING...The vet workers laughed at me. I had just told them I was a first time dog owner.

Dog people are like Kid people........I like my kids and I tolerate my animals....I don't want to be with other kids or animals!!!

Yes, I know...horrible thing for a teacher to say.
BUT, if I am teaching them or they are playing NICE and BEHAVED with my kids....then I will be happy to have THOSE kids around.....

I probably won't ever want other animals around!!

3 comments:

  1. sooo, if I get a dog you won't dog-sit for me ????? : /

    ReplyDelete
  2. no, and even though I dont know who you are....no
    maz

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's probably not your Mom....

    ReplyDelete