Monday, September 14, 2009

Master Gardner

Max's science this year will be Botany. I decided to start a small flower garden in the back yard (over the summer) to prepare us for this fall and things we will be learning. Our yard floods EVERY time it rains. I will eventually get big pots or plastic pools and grow my "container" gardens... But seeing as how I do not work, I found things that do not cost money. We have many concrete blocks so I dug an area and neatly leveled the blocks to outline a rectangle area in a patch that does not flood. I had already shoveled out the grass... 2 DAYS TOIL. I chose 2 different packs of sunflower seeds and some wild flower seeds. I planted each and every sunflower seed as directed on the package and then flung the wildflower seeds.

THEN...

I watched the birds dig and eat all my sunflower seeds.

ALL except 2..............



and they must have eaten all the wildflower seeds

except 1..........


No comments:

Post a Comment