Thursday, October 14, 2010

Is This Normal? and I am so comfortable with that!


See my ring finger? It won't go straight. It is the injury from my previous post about the grass surfing on mud island....anyway, occasionally it will look normal but it is numb or has the feeling of hornets. I already have an appointment to see my doc on Nov. 3.  So I am just going to wait until then to see what is wrong. I did treat myself to an obnoxious splint yesterday for my birthday!! I had to spend a whole $5!! It is ridiculous but my finger feels much better AND warmer!!

****

I was watching another episode of The Middle. The parents were trying to get "ahead of the game" at the beginning of the school year. Being prepared backfired for them and made things worse. The parents were out by their patched-up-above ground pool talking. Here is a great quote "there are in-ground pool kind of people but we are above-ground pool kind of people".  I thought about it and I guess literally we are a slip-n-slide kind of people.  I am trying to find out how to apply that to our life.......I am looking at Jack's cast, my finger, Max facing his 9th surgery, and the knowledge that Jeff is out of town...working 16-20 hour days and sick as a dog-doped-up-on-dayquil right now....SO YEP!! We are a slip-n-slide kind of family!

****

I am totally embracing my "quirky" side and I am so comfortable with that!! I guess it will be up to MY FRIENDS and husband to let me know when it is time for medication. (notice I left out family....they would tell me it is time now!)

My quirky expressed in my latest creations:
CLASSIC MAZ IN STITCHES
I have no clue what this is

I have no clue what this is


these are "stuffy heads"...you put sewing needles and pins in their heads


no idea, but they are soft!



little monster girl on bag



...and craziest of all....my tie hair band! It is huge and obnoxious but it was my favorite tie that Jeff wore in college! (probably given to him by an old girlfriend....but that is fine!!) It also reminds me of his uncle Caroll Cloar's painting "Hostile Butterflies" (no, there aren't any butterflies on the tie....that is just how my brain works)....told ya QUIRKY











1 comment: