Tuesday, October 26, 2010

a whole new level of friendship???

I came within a millimeter of slapping Max's ENT doctor today! My hand was hovering over his leg and I brushed his pant leg but did not follow through with the pain..............

Here is what happened...

We went for Max's 1 week checkup (after his 9th ear surgery in case I have new readers) and everything was going as normal.

 Dr. Chanin came in the office and greeted Max in his own creative way....He is great!!

He saw Jack in the corner and picked on him a little.....Jack picked back by asking him about the electric chair (Chanin has moved into new office space with older stuff).....I showed Chanin how Jack and I played around while waiting on him to come....and waiting on Max to get his hearing test:
Chanin knows how crazy we are....he liked it!!

Then Chanin started his talk with Max about how he put the tube in his ear..."I hammered it, screwed it, duct taped it.."
STOP RIGHT THERE...I said
"I want you to look at it before you say all that because I can see it and I'm not sure I am supposed to see the tube unless my bifocals are super special."

Chanin rolled his eyes, stopped talking and got out his instrument...."ok, ok."
He looks in Max's right ear (the surgery ear). He looks in Max's left ear (non-surgery ear). He says, "I don't see anything."

"oh, good." I say....as I am holding my head. I have had a nagging headache for 3 days straight and the fluorescent lights in the waiting room made my migraine worse and I was starting to get nauseous. 

"NO!" he says "....I mean, it is gone....the tube is gone..."

"WHAT???" I sat up so fast from my slouched position that I felt flushed and sparkly....(meaning tingly like I might pass out)....

Chanin: "It isn't there." He drops his shoulders and rolls backwards on the rolling stool. He looks so defeated.......he is so cute like a muppet (I hope he doesn't read this blog).

I am sure my eyes are bugged out......oh and by the way it is a Tornado Watch day here in Memphis and my hair is cut short so just imagine Little Orphan Annie Fro Hair and pale face from migraine....Halloween came early today!!

Then he made a motion to the left ear.......I made a muffled screech...."not that ear!".....you didn't put a tube IN THAT EAR....." I  started getting louder.

I grabbed my heart. He grabbed his heart. 

Chanin: "Oh! I forgot, I did not look at my notes....the right ear looks fine! The tube is where it should be but I did not see a tube in the left and it worried me. You said you could see it. I thought you meant from where you sat...."

I leaned over to smack him.....forgetting that you can't just smack any man for being an idiot.....Jeff HAS been gone since September.....

As I said before..... I stopped in time but I did brush his pant leg with my hand.....I think I scared him....He rolled away from me on his rolling stool....

I laughed....He did too, but it did not sound quite like my laugh....I think he was nervous!!

I am not sure if Dr. Chanin is a christian but I bet he keeps Jeff in some sort of prayers!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment