Saturday, July 25, 2009

it's that time of year!!

As a kid, I dreaded school! Hated it! Then, like the brilliant genius that I am, I became a teacher so that school could be a part of my life forever.
Of course now that I teach from home and my class consists of my two sons, I am in paradise!!

I love getting up at 5:30am.......ok, ok I hate getting up but once I am up........
I love how the sun sends different yellows and oranges through my front windows. I love the quiet in the house as I prepare for the day. I love the sound of the morning news in the background as I fix breakfast. I love that homeroom and first period are in the living room around 9am! I love that my students are cuddled up on the couch and in the chair with their bare feet slung over the arms of the furniture while they read, work a math problem or in discussion.

..................................................when November rolls around....................................................
I sleep until Jeff leaves for work and then jump in the shower. The boys are watching PBS or Qubo while I sling breakfast together. We still start by 9am but midterms and papers have turned the relaxed mornings into gripes and grumbles.....................


No comments:

Post a Comment