Thursday, July 23, 2009

which to do first?? read book or watch movie

If I see the movie first, then I do not read the book. I figure that I know how it will end so I do not need to read it.
If I read the book first, then I do not mind watching the movie. It is usually not as good as the book but it is still great. (Harry Potter, To Kill A Mockingbird, etc)
UNTIL RECENTLY!!!!
I read Inkheart to the boys as a class book. We really enjoyed the book and could not wait for the movie to come out on DVD. We just recently watched the movie and it was horrible. They pretty much rewrote the story. The characters' names were the same and the ending was the same...BUT the thrill, mystery and story were......well, gone!

A while back I saw the movie Ella Enchanted. I enjoyed the movie. It was OK for a kid movie. It is very hard for me to find a kid movie that entertains ME!!
I just read the book (written in the 90s). It, of course, is so much better but the movie AGAIN rewrote the book. The places are different, the story line is different, the actions of the characters are different.

So now I have to decide.....do I read the book first or watch the movie first???

I probably will read the book (always better). AND if I find the book after I have seen the movie, I will probably read it.....most likely it will be a different story.

Oh, and did you know that "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button" was written a long, long time ago by F. Scott Fitzgerald!! I saw the movie and it was good. I want to read the book soon!! I wonder what the story REALLY is!!??

No comments:

Post a Comment