Saturday, July 18, 2009

Jack is so smart!!

I am skipping the blog about my dad's heart attack and my brother-in-laws brush with death because almost all my readers have heard the stories!! I will say again, I am so thankful to God that he let dad hang around earth a while longer!!!

So ANYWAY, Jack and I were talking the other day............let me take a minute to tell you how much I ENJOY talking to my sons! I don't really miss the baby days (not my thing) but I do miss the toddler years!! I feel like age 5yr til now has sped by and I missed those years!! BUT now is fun in its own "season" of adventures.....

So ANYWAY, Jack and I were talking...he was telling me that he wanted to save his money for an inintendo. He told me about all the wonderful things that it can do. I listened and consciously was not saying anything. I sat and listened and nodded my head. I would say "that sounds great", "oooh, how cool", etc

I often get reports of what other kids have. I used to say, "well both of their parents work", or "we don't have the money". BUT again, I have realized.....my kids know our financial status, our kids know the choices we have made, our kids know what they can and can't have. It is best to let them speak things. OF COURSE they want these things, who wouldn't????

ANYWAY, Jack told me about a kid who wanted an itouch instead of an inintendo. Jack was expressing his thoughts on how much better an inintendo is and cheaper. WELL, you know me and I can't keep my mouth shut for long....

I said (trying to make a point):
"well it is better to have what is cool to everyone else than to have something that would actually be fun."
Jack: "what?"
Me: "wouldn't you rather have something that would look great to everyone else than to have something that you would just rather have...because you would rather have it?"

Jack: "I know that this is a trick question, but I don't know how to answer because I don't understand.."

This made me laugh out loud! I gave him a big hug and said....."I was tricking you, but I know that you don't try to impress others....so it was a useless trick!" He grinned that grin that brings the world to their knees!! He has a great smile. I told him he will be famous for his smile one day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment