Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Journey to the beach...

I did not start a new project this week. I am in the middle of putting together a kids function for our church. AND this weight loss and exercise keeps me busy enough!!

I lost 3 pounds, gained back 3 and then lost 2 pounds. The losses were just from drinking water and walking on the treadmill. NOT changing my food. I am an idiot b/c knowing this, I still choose junk food!!
Last night, I put one more motivation in the mix. My first motivation is to feel comfortable in a swimsuit and lounging on the beach. My new motivation is Jeff. He has been gone 30 days. He will probably be gone 30 more. I would love to feel healthy and skinnier when he returns!!

I did the treadmill last night and this morning. I ate wonderfully and then SABOTAGE. I had decided in my head that I would not eat out while trying to drop these pounds. I do not enjoy eating salad (only thing at fast food). If we were to go to a restaurant, I think I might have some strength to choose good food.

THEN we went to "treat" Max for dinner and he chose Ci Ci's Pizza. I am here to tell you that there is NOTHING good for you at that place. Oh, they provide salad but it is the "empty" kind!!

So I am off to the treadmill once again!! I'll be damned if I gain those 2 pounds back! My goal this week is to lose the remaining first 7 pounds.......then the 30 pounds!!

Countdown:
35 pounds and 170 days

4 comments:

  1. sad when you have so few readers that you have to comment on your own post...ha ha
    MAJOR MILESTONE FOR ME:
    I just ran for 9 minutes straight. I did 45 minutes and 15 of those were running.
    Momzilla: I read your comment on the other post...I need all the help I can get. THANKS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you familiar with Alton Brown ("Good Eats" on Food Network)? We love his show and recently he had one on how he lost 50 pounds. He didn't go into a lot of detail, but did outline his food habits:

    Daily
    - Fruits
    - Whole Grains
    - Leafy Greens
    - Nuts
    - Carrots
    - Green Tea

    3 times a week
    - Oily Fish
    - Yogurt
    - Broccoli
    - Sweet Potato
    - Avocado

    Once a week
    - Red meat
    - Pasta
    - Dessert
    - Alcohol

    NEVER!
    - Fast Food
    - Soda
    - Processed meals/frozen dinners
    - Canned soup
    - "Diet" anything

    Eat breakfast every day, no exceptions.

    He also mentioned weight training.

    We are going to try and modify our food habits to look more like this. Exercise? That's another story...

    Keep up the good work! Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks scott! this is very helpful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. god luck! as you know i feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete