Thursday, February 4, 2010

mind tricks

If any of you had read my original blog, you may remember the story of Jeff's first trial. When I called him and got an unexpected surprise....
For my new readers....the short story:
Jeff travels with his job and is gone 6-8 weeks. He got this job 3 years ago. He was on his first trip. I called his cell phone and a girl answered. I asked for Jeff and (here my mind goes blank) but I know she  hung up. The smart me that is in control of my brain would have known that I must have dialed the wrong number. However, I watch too much TV, Oprah and movies. I sat there for a few minutes and day dreamed of how upset I would be to find out Jeff was cheating. Then I planned what I was going to do to Jeff to make sure he would never be able to "have fun" again.........Loraina Bobbit style!!
After one or two minutes, I called his cell again. Jeff answered and got an ear full of non sense (since he did not know about the first phone call)
It happened again.....
Jeff has been gone 31 days. He has been the busiest he has ever been on this trial. No sleep, no breaks, eating and working........pure torture for him. I had not talked to him on the phone in a couple of days. I sent him a few quick emails today. One of them was explaining how I had this dreadful feeling...doom and gloom all day. I deeply missed him. Jeff never emailed back. When it had been almost 24 hours sense I had an email from him. I sent one that said I just needed to know he was alive. I thought maybe the bad feeling all day was because something had happened to him. He did not respond. My mind was racing. Jeff was dead. Who could I contact to see if he was dead. Why didn't anyone contact me. How would I live??? Missing him after 31 days was torture. If he was dead, then that loss would be permanent.
................Jeff calls...........
I was very emotional as I told him I was getting ready to call to see if he was dead. Sadly, he had sent me several emails today. I did not receive them because something is wrong with the email.........................

Jeff better be glad that I trust him and our marriage because as I am typing this, I realize what kind of story this would be on Oprah!!



Countdown:
34 pounds and 169 days

1 comment:

  1. silly girl! But you know, people who DON'T know you and don't know Jeff (more to the point) are thinking - this girl's an idiot. Her husband is so cheating on her! It's sad that that's the default mode in our culture.

    There- I read the friggin thing AND commented. Happy?

    Love, E

    ReplyDelete