Saturday, January 30, 2010

"flashes" while sledding

The boys and I spent most of the morning and afternoon sledding at the park. Yesterday and last night brought about 3 inches of sleet. Today it was like walking on a frozen pond!!! This made for great GREAT sledding!!!

FLASH back to junior high......
4 young teen girls were sledding on one sled. They asked me to push them down the hill. I had already been pushing my dad on his sled and I was in the middle of racing my youngest son. I told them "sorry, I can't. I am out of breath." Apparently, this made them mad. I had hiked my old, overweight self up to the top of the hill to race Max. When I made it down to the bottom, where the girls were, they were pointing and laughing. They were whispering and making faces at me. I wanted to yell..."I am 36 years old you idiots...why would I care what you think about me??".....................and just like junior high, I told my mom and she tried to make me feel better....."they thought you were a teenager. It should make you feel good that they thought you were so young." I doubt they thought I was a teen. It doesn't matter. I still wanted to beat them up!!

FLASH of death.......
I was trying out a sled that is shaped like a motor scooter. I sat down on the seat. I put my feet on the feet rest. I pushed off with my hands. I went about a foot and then my scarf tightened around my neck so tight, I thought I was being strangled. Luckily, I came to a stop. I realized my scarf had been pulled up under the scooter. I was being strangled. This kid's sled was so small and I am NOT. I had to roll off the sled. I then could not sit up. I had to roll over onto my knees. I was on a very slick spot. I could not get traction under my feet. I crawled to a better spot and stood up. Several people were standing nearby. I am not sure if they were looking at me, concerned or oblivious. I had created so much heat trying to survive and stand up that my glasses had fogged up.

NEVERTHELESS, today was fun. It was the best sledding in 30 years!!

No comments:

Post a Comment