Sunday, January 10, 2010

spiritual growth....BE STILL

I am revisiting another life lesson:

Psalm 46:10
"Be still and know that I am God; I will be exalted among nations, I will be exalted in the earth"

"be still"
submission is the proper response to God and his power!!

"I will be exalted among nations, I will be exalted in the earth"
whoa! it does not say "exalt me" like a command or "please" or "I ask" like a plea.
It says I WILL be exalted.

God is powerful. One word, one breath and He WILL be exalted.
One is to fear God. Not like scary or horror (as a christian....because it probably is horror for a non christian) but reverent, fall on your face "fear".

God was speaking to nations that were locked in mortal conflict. God put the focus back on him!!

I apply this to my life. I am constantly begging and whining to God for money to live on this earth.....for answers to my questions about how we should be living..........just like a kid that is running their mouth, whining, begging, stomping feet and rolling eyes...folding the arms and walking away.

God says "BE STILL, I WILL be exalted!!!!"

again: a growing and passionate relationship with the Lord and Savior is the answer to ALL questions and anxiety.........He takes care of the rest!!

1 comment:

  1. reading the scriptures...the way we know what God wants.....i too am constantly learning that i need to just be still and to stop struggling. Good one ,Margaret.

    ReplyDelete