Thursday, January 14, 2010

Julie/Julia

I have had many of my friends tell me that Julie and Julia is a great movie. I have been blogging for about 4 years. I knew the character "Julie" wrote a blog, so I thought the movie could be fun.

BORING

This movie entertained my youngest son but not me! My son was giggling at the way "Julia" was acting. We have seen some of her cooking shows and my sons laugh at the things she says and does.

I did notice one thing. Julie started a blog and just wrote about cooking and her thoughts on Julia. After a few months she had people sending her food products and she had over 50 comments.

This bummed me out. I have been writing my thoughts and life adventures for 4 years and the only comments on my blog are from family members and maybe 2 friends. AND I enabled the "notify by email" BUT that sends my whole post to the email so people still don't come to my blog....erg!

Apparently my blog is not that interesting....but I am not quitting!!!
I absolutely LOVE blogging. So even if I did not have any readers, I will write!!

I did have an idea to change the blog a little bit. I thought about it and I guess I would not care to hear about others spiritual growth, raising kids and teaching children.

My new idea is to do something different every week. Each weekend I will find something new to work on for the next week. I will write about the task. My 10 year old digital camera no longer works and I do not have a way to use my phone at this point. AND since I do not have many followers and complete strangers wanting to send me products (like in the movie) THEN I can not share pictures of my creations or adventures. bummer

I will begin this sunday, so come to my blog!!



1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean! I wrote this post on my pitiful blog to express these same feelings: http://scottdwinter.com/2009/12/09/blogging-makes-me-feel-like-charlie-brown/

    ReplyDelete