Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Teacher, Master, Controller.....mwahahahah

One thing I hated about teaching in the schools were the stupid lesson plans!

Have you ever made a list of "things to do"?
Did you get them all done in the appropriate time and in the correct order???
NO!!

Students are like life. Some work faster. Some work slower. Some have to do it over and over. Some need to skip it until later.........I could go on and on!
School lesson plans were a joke to me. I know why the "upper powers" require lesson plans. They believe that if you turn in lesson plans, then you are teaching those plans in the classroom. What stupidity!

I was a great teacher (all God given!). I never followed my lesson plans.....so you can imagine what the lazy teachers are or are NOT doing....

Administration should require the following as lesson plans:
Week one:
History: Ancient China
English: Parts of Speech
Math: Fractions
ETC...
....Then if the teacher eats, sleeps and breaths teaching.....they are a good teacher! When I taught, I was constantly thinking "how could I teach this so Alice will learn?......how can I teach this visually?......how can I teach this so Joe won't sleep through my lesson?....."
My day was not 7:15 to 3:15......my day was 24/7!! If I wasn't teaching, I was researching or planning or thinking about it ALL!

NOW that I teach at home. I am Master, Controller, the Grand PUBAH!!
I love it!!

Yesterday, the plan was to do a weaving project because we are studying Ancient Americas. I was preparing and getting very angry at the weaving. Then I thought "why do this?........". I could not come up with a reason. If my sons are ever in a situation and they MUST weave to live........THEN they are not that bad off.....they will live!!...........(now watch the final test to get into Engineering school will be to weave.....oops)

Back to the faster or slower student.....
My oldest was not getting one chapter in his Math. We took a month and did hands-on and life applications.....he not only got it...mastered it....he sped through the next section. If all teachers could teach like that, then students would not be behind or ahead....they would just BE!!

I am inspired to come up with this type teaching and curriculum at an affordable price for everyone. The Ziegenhorn School!!......MWAHAHAHAHAHAH
There are pros to teaching your kids at home but there are MANY cons! We should not have to rely on home schooling. Lets provide a new school system! Let's go back to the idea that education is a privilege not a handout!!!



COUNTDOWN:
34 pounds  176 days

1 comment: