Tuesday, January 19, 2010

crap, crap, crap....dern

I spent 2 days (a total of 3 hours) HAND sewing those stupid swabs and I did it wrong.


hee hee hee (embarassed girl giggle).....funny thing....

I looked at the swab purchased from Amro. They had started their weighted string in the middle of the square.
"How stupid" I thought. "They must be trying to save time and money. If the string went all the way across the square, then there would be less problem of ripping."

SO, I made mine. I stitched the string all the way across the square. I asked my son to try it before I made my niece's....to make sure it worked right. I got impatient. My son has been sick and did not try it right away. I proceeded to HAND sew my niece's.

Tonight, my son tried his swab and informed me that it did not work.
SINCE I had stitched the string all the way across the square, when you pulled the string, the swab wadded up and got stuck in the clarinet.

OH! so they did know what they were doing by putting it in the middle. That design causes it to pull through like a parachute.

SO now I have to pull out all the stitching and redo the strings on each swab........

crap, crap, crap......dern

No comments:

Post a Comment