Sunday, January 17, 2010

The Hypochondriac

One of the worst problems to have as a mother is to be a hypochondriac.

I have always been this way. If someone breaks a bone and tells me how it feels, I TOO have a broken bone...at least all the symptoms. When the commercials for cold and flu meds come on the TV, I suddenly feel achey, stuffy head, itchy throat, etc.

The worst is when my boys are sick.

"mom, my head hurts.......I feel like I am going to throw up.......my stomach hurts.."

I want to scream "STOP! Don't tell me!"

But I TRY to be a good mom and I listen to their symptoms. Then I sit back in my chair and wait for it to hit. My imaginary virus or infection.

Jack is laying beside me with a fever, stomach ache, achey bones and nausea. I feel this incredible urge to vomit. I ache from head to toe.....

What a dork!

No comments:

Post a Comment