Monday, January 3, 2011

because i FELT like it....

You may remember the post on my odd creations (you can find it under October...Is This Normal?).

Well, I have been at it again!! Why did I make these items?
because i FELT like it.....wakka wakka....you will see my pun....

I bought this bag for $3 when I was in Little Rock. It held water bottles, wallets, books and souvenirs! It was perfect for walking all over downtown Little Rock!! When I got home, I stitched these FELT letters on the bag. It is to be like the tourists maps that say "you are here".



I made this small moon pillow with FELT eyes, nose and mouth!


Max has acquired a taste for carbonated beverages. He has never liked them before now. One of his favorites is Stewart's (oh and it must be in the bottle!). He wanted to save all the bottles. One night, I was watching TV and my hands were itchin' to be stitchin'. I made HIS head for his bottle.......
I KNOW!......what in the world for???? RIGHT????....that's what I do! useless stitchin'
Well, then I did not want Jack to feel left out by not getting useless crapola.....so I stitched HIS head for his coke bottle!


OK, the next few pics are of a "phase" I went through a couple of weeks before Christmas. Stitchin FELT coasters while I watched Ghost Whisperer. I love that show! It comes on everyday from 2-5pm on ION (we don't have cable so my shows are limited)...........AND...that's right!! I don't need them......

Front of coasters

Back of the coasters: Rockin "around the Christmas tree" GET IT?? and of course the parts of the snowman blowing in the blizzard....


coaster with sides.....WHY?....I don't know!



This next FELT project was actually something I have needed every year at Christmas. I have been looking for a "mistle toe" that lasts for a lifetime....instead of those 99cent little things at the checkouts.....


I also stitched some actual USEFUL items.....I took plain canvas bags and stitched these:
Can you see the "word" hidden in my heart??......get it???....I made a bag for my Bible, notebook, pen and kleenex......(my kids seem to get their ruptured ear drums, bloody noses, sneezes and snot attacks in the middle of church)


Back of Bible bag....see how it is the perfect size for the Bible and notepad???!!!!


This is a bigger bag that holds my folders, books, spiral notebook and whatever else I need for Missions for the children's ministry.


This isn't FELT. It is fleece. AND it isn't stitched, it is tied! I made blankets for everyone when the boys were younger. Max had a Shrek blanket but due to a long story....we had to chunk it! I promised to make him another one. This was one of his Christmas presents this year. One side is Hotwheels print and the other side is charcoal grey. 


As you see I love to stitch just for the heck of it......BUT I have always wanted a small, simple sewing machine for some other projects.......This Christmas, Jeff surprised me with this..... 
SEW, all though this is not a sewing blog.....I have FELT the need to share my creations....and now you will get to see more insane creations from the sewing machine.....



3 comments:

  1. I DO NOT NEED ANY THING!! DAD

    Just kidding, you are very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE ALL OF THESE!!! I WANT THAT FIRST BAG !! HOW MUCH?? WOW!! to everything!! yo momma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to be you when I grow up :)

    ReplyDelete